Taverna Banfi Restaurant Server
Taverna Banfi Restaurant ServerStatler Hotel, Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
QualificationsUS work authorization (Required)
Job Type- Full-time
TAVERNA BANFI RESTAURANT SERVER
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University is delighted to announce a career opportunity for a Food Service Professional to join our Taverna Banfi Restaurant Team.
The Statler Hotel:
Located in the heart of a vibrant Ivy League campus, the Statler Hotel is part of Cornell University’s Nolan School of Hotel Administration and is the gateway to Cornell University for many visitors. Inspired by curiosity, the humble spirit of Upstate New York, and the scenic beauty of the Finger Lakes region, the Hotel has earned the dual distinction as the area's only AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property and the Ivy League's only "teaching hotel." With 153 rooms, the Statler Hotel is a full-service property with a conference center, four restaurants and over 16,000 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities.
The Nolan School of Hotel Administration is the premier school for hospitality education in the world. As an integral part of the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, the school is leading the world in teaching and researching the business of hospitality—marketing, finance, real estate, operations, and more, all applied to the world’s largest and most exciting industry. Top faculty, industry leaders, alumni, and students work together to generate new knowledge for the hospitality industry and form the premier network that shapes the industry every day.
Our Statler Family:
We are a team of hospitality professionals who proudly lead the premiere collegiate lifestyle hotel, welcoming the world to the cherished gathering place for those who love Cornell University. We challenge thinking, while connecting and cultivating people. Our actions are driven by a collective aspiration to build a culture of collaboration, celebration and excellence. Our mission is to provide uniquely crafted experiences through personalized connections that will inspire future leaders who will change the world of hospitality.
Your role as a Server on our Taverna Banfi Restaurant Team:
With a passion for food and fine wine and old world charm inspired by the Castello Banfi Wine Estate in Montalcino, Italy, Taverna Banfi is the signature restaurant of The Statler Hotel.
You will be responsible for serving meals to guests in Taverna Banfi Restaurant according to established rules of etiquette and service, service duties include:
- suggesting courses
- responsible serving of alcoholic beverages
- answering questions about food preparation and content; understanding the importance of dietary restrictions and preferences
- taking cocktail and food orders using electronic sales device to enter orders
- making cocktails and specialty coffees, serving the items to the guest
- fulfilling any additional requests throughout the meal
- bussing table following meal.
- Helps in set up and clean-up of the dining room.
- serve DEO (Dining Event Orders) as assigned
You will also work in the hotel room service department, duties include:
- take food and beverage orders over the phone and quote delivery time to the guest
- accurately deliver the orders to the guest within the quoted delivery time and collect payment for each order
- Deliver any guest room amenities during the service period
- restock the room service area back to par levels before the next service period
- support the restaurant by working on side work, expediting food orders for breakfast, and deliver food to guests as able to during their shift.
What we are looking for in a Server:
- The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy and very passionate about providing hospitality and service.
- Must take pride in presenting a professional, well-groomed appearance and is motivated to be a valuable contributor to our team of professional and student staff.
- Must be knowledgeable about food and beverages, competently skilled in the delivery of fine dining service, knowledgeable about dietary restrictions, food allergens, food sanitation and safety, experienced in the responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- The physical demands for this position require a Server to be in good physical condition, capable of walking quickly through a kitchen and dining room, while carrying multiple plates of food, be capable of being on feet for long periods of time, and able to lift and carry trays of dishes weighing up to 40 lbs.
- With a business volume that frequently changes throughout the year, the candidate must be able to meet a flexible work schedule, that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Rewards & Benefits:
- You will receive a competitive starting wage of $11.53 per hour, plus lucrative gratuities, we also provide clean uniforms, lockers and complimentary shift meals.
- Cornell University provides a wide array of great benefits, including: health care options to choose from, a 403b retirement plan using multiple investment options, a range of impressive educational benefits, generous leave provisions, 2-4 weeks vacation, 13 paid holidays (including end of year winter break through New Year’s Day).
- Working in a university setting gives you access to our athletic facilities and a plethora of wellness programs, NCAA sporting events, music, art and theater, lectures and other presentations and events.
- Cornell University has also been nationally recognized as an award-winning workplace for our health, well-being, sustainability and diversity initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $11.53 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 8 hour shift
All Cornell employees are required to have and provide proof of an FDA-or WHO-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine and booster or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption.
Work Location: One location